Monday, October 05, 2009

Didn't Get Chosen

So I just found out my script wasn't picked for a competition I was really excited about. It was for the Atlanta Film Festival, and I thought it would be so cool to go to Atlanta, where my boyfriend is currently working, around the same time as my birthday. Oh yeah, and get some exposure to my work. But, oh well, didn't happen.

It sucks, and I'm a little misty about it. I mean, should I keep trying, or am I being told that my writing just isn't good enough? God, writing that is getting me weepy. I think what's so upsetting is that I'm not great at one thing. I think I'm good at teaching; I can knit a little. Get by in a foreign language. But I want to be creative. I want people to think, "Wow! This is amazing". But, at the same time, I loathe rejection, and it would take a rope and fifty men to pull my head out of my shell. I poked my head out a couple of times and.....(blowing rasberries).

I'm getting too down writing this, so I better stop.

Things I'm grateful for:

My cat's affection when I'm down.

Students thanking me.

Making any money.

George Petty (no relation to Tom).

Takoyaki!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home